Next: Overall directory
Up: The format for `mcf.bin'
Previous: Reaction directories
The purpose of the target directory is to identify the target and to
locate the reaction directories. The target directory is laid out as
- The length of the block containing this target directory,
along with its associated reaction and kinematics directories.
- The offset of the target data, relative to the start of
the file. (This offset is the reference point for all of the
data locations given in the reaction and kinematics directories.)
- The length of the target data.
- Three less than the length of the target directory.
- The atomic number and mass number of the target, coded as
1000*Z + A.
- The excitation energy of the target in Mev.
- The library date, with 11 July 1995 coded as 950711.
- The number of reactions. Note that there may be data for
the same kind of reaction with the residual at several different
excitation levels, in which case these are counted as separate
- Identify the library source. At the moment this string is
just 4 blank spaces.
- Reaction directory locations:
- For each reaction there follows
two numbers, the length of the reaction directory and its location
relative to the start of this target directory.
- Two slots are reserved for future use.
Next: Overall directory Up: The format for `mcf.bin' Previous: Reaction directories Contents